Spiced Butter Steak and Peppers is an easy meal to make for nights when you want to indulge in a healthy dinner with a fancy garlic butter taste.
Spiced butter steak and peppers
School is officially out for summer and almost all our activities, mine included, have come to a close leaving me with a wide-open schedule, two young children, and a house in the process of being built. I’d like to say I’ve reached a point of calm and am soaking up some much-needed relaxation, but truthfully all the thoughts and ideas I’d put in the back of my mind until a freer scheduled presented itself have come flooding in.
My mind is racing, likely my heartbeat has elevated, and I’m already trying to think of how to fit it ALL in these few months of summer. In the midst of my brain’s chaos my phone begins to buzz with a reminder to breathe… I know myself (at this stage of life) to physically set up reminders to calm myself and my thoughts down and so I took a few deep breaths in and out. Leaving thoughts of doing it “all” with the exhale.
In the first week of our summer vacation, I don’t have to know exactly what the path ahead looks like, I don’t have to be perfect, dinner doesn’t have to be restaurant quality, and teaching my kids to read can wait until next week or the week after. Deep breath in, exhale out…
I read these words this morning “…it’s the imperfect where things grow. Not despite the mess and tension, but right smack in the middle of it.” Those words were the breath of fresh air I so desperately needed. Life, in general, is messy despite how many times you’ve overhauled your house to look like the Instagram feed of The Home Edit. In the mess, the chaos, the complete and utter failures, we grow. We grow in areas of our life we thought we couldn’t.
How to make spiced butter steak and peppers
This spiced butter steak and peppers have 3 parts. To make the recipe preparation even speedier purchase pre-cut peppers or cube the beef and slice the peppers the night before
- First, you mix the spice blend together and toss with the cubed steak, setting it aside to let it marinate in the spices while you cook the peppers.
- Saute the peppers in oil and remove from the skillet.
- Cook the steak in the remaining oil and then add the butter and garlic. Tossing to combine.
Season the cooked ingredients with fresh lime juice and serve with steamed rice for a complete meal.
What to serve with spiced butter steak and peppers
In the recipe card listed below, I suggest serving the Spiced Butter Steak with steamed rice, which I think is one of the best possible accompaniments. However, the rice can be swapped for bulger, quinoa, riced vegetables of any kind (my personal favorite being cauliflower), or you can keep this dish extra healthy and serve it over a bed of green.
Spiced Butter Steak and Peppers
- 1½ lbs Beef Ribeye
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 medium Bell Peppers seeded and sliced
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 6 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 4 cups Basmati Rice
- In a small bowl, whisk the Paprika, Chili Powder, Dried Oregano, Garlic Powder, and some Salt and Pepper together and toss, in a large bowl, with the cubed Beef.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the Olive Oil in a large skillet over high heat and add the Bell Peppers. Season with salt and pepper and let cook for 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil, let heat for about 30 seconds and add the Beef. Let cook for 3 minutes undisturbed. Toss and cook for an additional 3 minutes until the steak browns on the outside. Add the Butter and Garlic, toss with the steak and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in the Lime Juice.
- Serve with Steamed Rice.