I feel almost wrong posting this “recipe” for bacon wrapped little smokies. For one thing it’s just basically mini hot dogs. I mean, pork or beef it’s literally just a hot dog. (I happen to love hot dogs by the way. Don’t knock them. ) And for another thing it’s just bacon, brown sugar and chili powder. That’s barely a recipe, but in case you’ve never had it I’m bringing it to the blog because as simple as they are they are also so yummy and addicting.
Stick a little platter of these babies in front of a bunch of people and the Superbowl or any other game and I guarantee they will be gone in seconds! And while everyone loves them my hot dog loving kiddos wont touch the mini hot dogs. What. The. Heck? What kid doesn’t like mini hot dogs?
Anyway, that’s not the point, the point is that you can totally bust these out and everyone will be dying to know the recipe without a clue that it’s just brown sugar and chili powder. Which is awesome. I love when people think I worked harder than I did.
Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- 1 lb Bacon cut in 2" pieces
- 1 Package 14 ounces Beef or Pork Little Smokies
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap the bacon around each little smokies hot dog.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and chili powder.
- Roll each smoky in the brown sugar and place on a foil lined baking sheet. If brown sugar remains roll the hot dogs a little more.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve immediately.