You’ve probably heard of Egg Roll in a Bowl, but have you ever tried Cabbage Roll in a Bowl, a simplified version of keto cabbage rolls? This isn’t the prettiest recipe I’ve ever created, but it sure makes up for it in the flavor department!
This is an easy one-pot keto recipe that can be on the table in a jiffy. And, it makes plenty, so it’s a natural choice for meal prepping or family meals.
All your favorite cabbage roll flavors are in this dish, minus the rice! It’s hearty, affordable, and easy to make, making it the perfect choice for keto cooking on a budget or keto family meals.
How to Make Cabbage Roll in a Bowl
This dish couldn’t be any easier. Start with the biggest skillet you’ve got. It’s all going into one skillet, so you need to start with a big pan. Then, brown a pound of ground beef. Add a bag of coleslaw shreds and chopped (or riced) cauliflower and let that cook down a bit. Add dehydrated onion flakes, garlic powder, cream and this home-made keto tomato sauce. That’s it!
I serve this with regular rice for the rest of the family, then I just get a big bowlful for myself and dig in!
Ingredients to make Cabbage Roll in a Bowl.
Brown the beef then add and cook the cauliflower.
Add the cabbage shreds to the skillet.
Serve and enjoy!
Cabbage Roll in a Bowl
- 1 pound ground beef
- 12 ounces cabbage
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp dehydrated onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Brown the ground beef in a very large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the beef.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder, salt and pepper, and dehydrated onion flakes. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook another few minutes until the cabbage is soft but not translucent.
- Add the cream and tomato sauce, mix well and heat through.
- Serve and enjoy!